Details about volunteering:
- Group size must be at least 12 – 14 people to volunteer.
- Children 12 & under must be accompanied by a legal guardian or an adult
II. Process – A full list of duties will always be posted on site
- The meal is served from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. We ask that your group arrives by 11:30.
- Continue with the dish washing that has started during the meal, and also wash off the serving tables, including the warming table.
- Wash off tables where the guests have eaten.
- Dry dishes, separate the serving group dishes from LINK’s, and
- Put things away
Please insure that you put your name on any dishes that you need to have returned to you.
It helps if you would label the casseroles so that we know what is in it. We sometimes have trouble telling if we have a vegetarian or a meat dish.
IV: Each group needs to bring the following:
- 12 gallons of milk
- 5 3-pound bags of lettuce, plus other fresh vegetables for salad
- 5 loaves of white sandwich bread
- 5 loaves of wheat sandwich bread
- 175 main course servings
- 17 9” x 13” casseroles or equivalent
- 10 vegetarian options
- 6 bags frozen or 5 #10 cans of vegetables
- enough fruit for 175 people
- Note: hard fruit such as apples are not suitable due to dental issues. Bananas, grapes and oranges are appreciated.
- 2 large tubs of butter or margarine
- Dessert is ALWAYS appreciated, but is optional