It’s Volunteer Appreciation Week, bet you didn’t know, or maybe you did,
BUT HERE’S THE THING…
We are grateful for volunteers every day!
Every time they share the warmth in their hearts to be sure someone else has a meal in their belly,
Every time we get to smile and chat together as we prepare food,
Every time we get the opportunity to serve together.
Every time … All the time … a great big Thank you!
Reach your volunteer goals with us!
To find a volunteer position that’s right for you, look for something that matches your personality, skills, and interests. Ask yourself if there is something specific you want to do or achieve as a volunteer.
For example, you might want to:
- Improve your neighborhood.
- Meet new people with different outlooks or experiences.
- Try something new.
- Do something rewarding with your spare time.
- See new places or experience a different way of living.
- Try a new type of work that you might want to pursue as a full-time job.
- Expand on your interests and hobbies.
Last year, 1431 awesome folks volunteered with us!
Benefits of volunteering: 4 ways to feel healthier and happier
- Volunteering connects you to others.
- Volunteering is good for your mind and body.
- Volunteering can advance your career.
- Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life.
Volunteering as a family
Children watch everything you do. By giving back to the community, you’ll show them firsthand how volunteering makes a difference and how good it feels to help other people and animals and enact change. It’s also a valuable way for you to get to know organizations in the community and find resources and activities for your children and family.